The lemon is most renowned for adding fresh and tangy flavors to food, but did you know they are also valued for their medicinal properties? Lemons contain an abundance of essential nutrients, including Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper, Fiber, Vitamin C and B-complex vitamins. Apart from providing a quick energy boost, these nutrients also contribute to overall health and wellness, regardless of age. Many ancient medicinal recipes in China and India suggested using lemons frequently to treat numerous skin and health conditions. The ancient Egyptians were also aware of lemons’ wonderful qualities, and used them as one of the ingredients to preserve their mummies.
Health Benefits of Lemon Water
Ah, there is nothing more flavorsome than lemon water or lemonade on a summer afternoon!
There are many benefits of drinking lemon water:
- Drinking lemon water every day decreases acidity in your body.
- It eliminates the uric acid present in your joints that can cause inflammation.
- Lemon water benefits loosens toxins in the digestive tract, promoting healthy digestion.
- It aids in weight loss.
- It cleanses your body by flushing out toxins.
- It keeps your skin free from blemishes.
- Lemons improve the immune system with a nourishing supply of Vitamin C.
- When stressed, consuming a considerable amount of lemon water will restore the Vitamin C that stress depletes from your body.
- It helps in balancing the pH levels inside your body.
- Lemons contain pectin fiber, which promotes colon health and serves as an antibacterial.
There are benefits of warm lemon water as well. If you wish to reduce your waistline without participating in difficult exercises, warm lemon water is the solution. It also conditions the skin: the intake of Vitamin C helps the body produce collagen, which is important in smoothing out facial lines and wrinkles. Oppositely, cold lemon water is essential for gym enthusiasts. It is known to replenish lost electrolytes and eliminate the need for sugary sports drinks. If you think your obsession with lemons could not grow any larger, try incorporating lemon maple syrup into your desserts. It has the right amount of sweet and tart to complement the flavors of any treat, hot or cold.
Remember, drinking just one glass of lemon water a day or consuming lemon pulp regularly is guaranteed to boost your immunity and lead you to unimaginably good health! So what are you waiting for? Pucker those lips and enjoy this wonderful gift of nature!